By L. Frank Baum
What can be greater than a narrative concerning the unforgettable characters from the land of oz.? Six tales, after all! that includes everyone's favourite friends--Dorothy, Toto, the Wizard, the Cowardly Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tin Woodman--these little stories include a similar Baum magic, with a couple of particular surprises now not printed within the different oz. books. additionally incorporated are adventures with Tiktok, the Clockwork guy; the regularly starving Hungry Tiger; the superb Jack Pumpkinhead; the superb wood Sawhorse; and the mystical princess Ozma of Oz.
Discover how Dorothy and Toto break out from less than the facility of the bad immense, Crinklink, sign up for clever Princess Ozma and the Wizard as they fit wits with 3 mischievous Imps; persist with the adventures of Jack Pumpkinhead and the Sawhorse as they courageous a very good, gloomy wooded area to avoid wasting misplaced young children. even if you've visited the enchanted land of oz. sooner than, you are going to relish those and 3 different fanciful and intriguing tales.
For over 90 years L. Rank Baum's fairyland has stirred the imaginations of readers of every age. Now, during this lavishly produced version that includes all forty-five of John R. Neill's notable full-color illustrations, younger readers and listeners will get pleasure from six little oz. adventures concerning the cherished people who make oz. so attention-grabbing and enduring.
Afterword by way of Peter Glassman. This deluxe choice of six brief tales used to be written specifically for starting readers and lines forty-five sparkling full-color plates. everybody will get pleasure from those impossible to resist adventures concerning the loved characters who make the land of ounces so pleasant and enduring. A Books of ask yourself vintage.
Preview of Little Wizard Stories of Oz (Books of Wonder) PDF
Similar Short Stories books
London released Fiction
Mythic and reasonable, farcical and tragic, The Washington put up booklet global says those masterful tales mark T. Coraghessan Boyle's improvement from "a prodigy's audacity to whatever that packs much more of a wallop: mature artistry. " They disguise every little thing, from a terrifying stumble upon among a host of suburban teens and a murderous, drug-dealing biker, to a touching even though doomed love affair among Eisenhower and Nina Khruschev.
A trio of brief works via the Nobel laureate and "greatest author of yankee prose of the 20th century" (James wooden, the hot Republic)While Saul Bellow is understood top for his longer fiction in award-winning novels resembling The Adventures of Augie March and Herzog, anything to recollect Me via will draw new readers to Bellow because it showcases his outstanding present for growing memorable characters inside of a smaller canvas.
Satirist, novelist, and willing observer of the yank scene, Mark Twain continues to be one of many world's best-loved writers. This pleasant number of Twain? s favourite and such a lot memorable writings comprises chosen stories and sketches akin to the prestigious leaping Frog of Calaveras County, How I Edited an Agricultural magazine as soon as, Jim Baker's Blue-Jay Yarn, and a real tale.
- A Parisian Affair and Other Stories
- Offshore: A Short Story Collection
- Plain Tales from the Hills
- Saints and Sinners: Stories
- Selected Short Stories
Additional info for Little Wizard Stories of Oz (Books of Wonder)
1. F. 1. undertaking Gutenberg volunteers and staff burn up enormous attempt to spot, do copyright examine on, transcribe and proofread public area works in developing the undertaking Gutenberg-tm assortment. regardless of those efforts, venture Gutenberg-tm digital works, and the medium on which they're kept, could comprise "Defects," equivalent to, yet no longer constrained to, incomplete, faulty or corrupt info, transcription blunders, a copyright or different highbrow estate infringement, a faulty or broken disk or different medium, a trojan horse, or computing device codes that harm or can't be learn by way of your gear. 1. F. 2. constrained guaranty, DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES - with the exception of the "Right of alternative or Refund" defined in paragraph 1. F. three, the undertaking Gutenberg Literary Archive beginning, the landlord of the venture Gutenberg-tm trademark, and the other get together dispensing a undertaking Gutenberg-tm digital paintings lower than this contract, disclaim all legal responsibility to you for damages, expenses and expenditures, together with criminal charges. you settle that you've NO treatments FOR NEGLIGENCE, STRICT legal responsibility, BREACH of guaranty OR BREACH OF agreement other than these supplied IN PARAGRAPH F3. you settle THAT the basis, THE TRADEMARK proprietor, AND ANY DISTRIBUTOR below THIS contract are usually not vulnerable to YOU FOR genuine, DIRECT, oblique, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES no matter if YOU supply observe OF the opportunity of SUCH harm. 1. F. three. constrained correct OF substitute OR REFUND - should you find a disorder during this digital paintings inside of ninety days of receiving it, you could obtain money back of the cash (if any) you paid for it via sending a written clarification to the individual you got the paintings from. in case you bought the paintings on a actual medium, you need to go back the medium with your written clarification. the individual or entity that supplied you with the faulty paintings may perhaps go with to supply a substitute replica in lieu of a refund. for those who acquired the paintings electronically, the individual or entity supplying it to you'll decide to provide you with a moment chance to obtain the paintings electronically in lieu of money back. If the second one reproduction is additionally faulty, you'll call for money back in writing with out extra possibilities to mend the matter. 1. F. four. aside from the restricted correct of alternative or refund set forth in paragraph 1. F. three, this paintings is supplied to you 'AS-IS,' with out different WARRANTIES OF ANY type, exhibit OR IMPLIED, together with yet no longer constrained TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY OR health FOR ANY goal. 1. F. five. a few states don't enable disclaimers of sure implied warranties or the exclusion or predicament of specific sorts of damages. If any disclaimer or issue set forth during this contract violates the legislations of the country appropriate to this contract, the contract will likely be interpreted to make the utmost disclaimer or challenge accepted by way of the acceptable country legislations. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this contract shall no longer void the rest provisions.