The Steampunk Megapack collects 26 stories of excessive experience via Victorian and Edwardian eras—past, current, and future!
• “Midnight at Valdosta's,” by means of Jay Lake
• “The Case of the ordinary Safecracker,” by means of G. D. Falksen
• “The Acquisition of Mandrakes and Assistants,” by means of Jillian Venters
• “The Whisperer in Darkness,” via H. P. Lovecraft
• “The Brass Goggle manufacturing facility Worker,” by means of John Leavitt
• “The course of Progress,” via Brian Stableford
• “The Tailed Men,” by means of Arthur O. Friel
• “The very unlikely Mister Lapin Investigates: The Affair of the poor Boar,” by way of Peter Wordworth
• “The conflict Effort,” by means of Austin H. Williams
• “Herbert West: Reanimator,” by means of H. P. Lovecraft
• A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, by way of Mark Twain
• “The Trumpeter,” by means of Arthur O. Friel
• “The desktop Stops,” by way of E. M. Forster
• “The exceptional Adventures of 1 Hans Pfaal,” by means of Edgar Allan Poe
• The misplaced World, via Arthur Conan Doyle
• “The Gateway of the Monster,” by way of William wish Hodgson
• A Princess of Mars, through Edgar Rice Burroughs
• “The Mid-Watch Tragedy,” through Vincent Starrett
• “Mustered Out,” through H. Bedford-Jones
• “Payable to Bearer,” by means of Talbot Mundy
• “The Devil's Heirloom,” through Anthony M. Rud
• “Doctor Ox's Experiment,” through Jules Verne
• “The Trial for Murder,” through Charles Dickens
• “Angel of the Revolution,” via George Griffith
• “The guy Who used to be Thursday,” through G. okay. Chesterton
• “The Horror of the Heights,” through Arthur Conan Doyle
Quick preview of The Steampunk Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Steampunk Stories PDF
Best Anthology books
Exemplary storles that show the blzarre, the dlsturblng, the perllous, and the wlse ln different clvlllzatlons -- from one among Amerlca's so much lmportant wrlters of the twentleth century.
Tales, monologues, and essays by means of Garrison Keillor, founder and host of A Prairie domestic CompanionThe first retrospective from manhattan Times–bestselling writer Garrison Keillor celebrates the humor and knowledge of this grasp storyteller. With an creation and headnotes by means of the writer, in addition to accompanying pictures and memorabilia, The Keillor Reader brings jointly an entire diversity of Keillor’s paintings.
The easiest writers of our new release retell vintage stories. From Sir Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene to E. M. Forster's "The computer Stops," literature is stuffed with horny, lethal, and downright twisted stories. during this assortment, award-winning and bestselling authors reimagine their favourite vintage tales, those that experience encouraged, awed, and enraged them, those that experience develop into ingrained in glossy tradition, and those which were too lengthy missed.
They've got the facility to carry you spellbound, to captivate your senses, and to maintain you perpetually of their keep watch over. perpetually enthralled. ..
#1 ny instances bestselling writer Lora Leigh returns to her sensual global of the Breeds. .. as one obdurate Breed meets her fit, and will not deny her mate—or the fierce wishes of her personal heart.
New York occasions bestselling writer Alyssa Day introduces the League of the Black Swan. .. and the harmful online game one lady performs while her family's curse dooms her to kill the guy she loves.
New York instances bestselling writer Meljean Brook can provide a brand new tale in her steampunk international of the Iron Seas. .. as a guy who's misplaced every thing returns domestic to discover that not just is his marriage in jeopardy, yet he needs to now struggle air pirates who intend to scouse borrow his one final treasure—his wife.
And Lucy Monroe, nationwide bestselling writer of the kids of the Moon novels. .. unleashes the feral passions of a werewolf at the physique, brain, and soul of his prey, his lover, his lifemate.
- Steampunk Prime: A Vintage Steampunk Reader
- The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- The Third Golden Age of Science Fiction Megapack: Science Fiction Stories by Poul Anderson
- Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets: An Anthology of Holmesian Tales Across Time and Space (New Solaris Book of Fantasy, Book 2)
Additional info for The Steampunk Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Steampunk Stories
And the fear-ridden fugitives should have fled deep into the bush on listening to them, for we observed none of them back. Roaring and screaming by means of turns, we handed alongside the road of massive bushes, looking any residing factor that would stay. We stumbled on merely . within the doorway of 1 of the depressing hovels outfitted among the root-buttresses we spied a wounded savage. As we stepped towards him he gave one snarl of terror, lifted a spear, and plunged it into his personal middle. In one other hut we came upon a in poor health coaita monkey which squatted and watched us with no relocating. not anything else used to be less than these timber other than our bodies. the various useless males, we spotted, had no tails. yet, tailed or tailless, all had a similar brute faces. We paid little consciousness to them, other than to ensure they have been useless and will now not kill us from at the back of. once we reached the top of the open area we stopped yelling and stood taking a look at one another. Pedro’s masks used to be pierced in numerous areas, and one arrow jutted out just a couple of inches from his eyes. “Are you hit? ” I requested. “No. This arrow scraped my head and should have torn my scalp, however it is not anything. Your foot wound is far worse than that. allow us to end our paintings and move. ” Out from a pocket he drew a small package deal conscientiously wrapped in rubber, and from this he produced suits. We pulled a number of dry sticks from contained in the stinking hut nearest us and set fireplace to them. quickly we had the entire shelters round that tree going up in smoke. Then we handed again as we had come, firing the filthy hovels till each one tree was once ringed with flame. After leaving the tree the place we had made so much of our struggle, we stopped a second to appear down on the our bodies of these whom we had shot whereas they have been creeping up on us from at the back of. They lay face down, and so they have been tailless and had lengthy hair. “Nossa Senhora! ” exclaimed Pedro. “They are ladies! ” I shoved one over with my foot. It used to be real. the opposite whom we had shot have been ladies additionally. Their faces have been as vile and their our bodies as scraggy as these of the boys, yet girls they have been. pondering no matter if the others additionally were females, we went on and checked out the 3 whom we had killed with our machetes. We stumbled on them to be males. “That explains it,” nodded Pedro. “I questioned how they dared to come back so close to us. the ladies have been the leaders. might be we had killed their pals. the lads had experience sufficient to worry us, yet a lady crazed with fury loses all worry and all feel. i'm completely happy we didn't fall alive into their palms. ” Remembering the scarred physique of Luis Pitta and looking out into the faces of these she-devils, I grunted contract. We left them there and went our manner. on the fringe of the bush, the place the faint path begun, we became and regarded again. The dismal clearing, with its blackened stumps and its few gaunt bushes, now used to be blue with low-crawling clouds of smoke during which glared the belts of flame consuming up the habitations of the bichos do mata. round these fires, we knew, lay the bullet-torn corpses of many tailed creatures who by no means back could torture a prisoner. The jungle round us used to be empty and silent, and the single sound used to be the sullen crackle of the fires.